Roboticist, AI Researcher and Computer Engineer hybrid obsessed with using whatever is necessary to create truly intelligent machines for the benefit of humanity.
Co-founder at thing -> bearcover
Mad-scientist but also a jazz cat and an ultra-learner. His life began with a passion for music
(Diploma in Classical Guitar, and a few bands playing electric guitar, piano and saxophone). And in 2022 began learning how to handstand which lead to a new passion for human movement
(gymnastics, calisthenics, yoga, breakdance, other dance, capoiera, etc) and acrobatics.
My journey through technology
- Hobby Game Development (2014-2017)
- Deep Learning (2014+)
- Web Development (2015+): Every job I have had required it
- Computer Vision (2015+)
- Data Science and Engineering, NLP (2017-2019)
- Reinforcement Learning (2017-2019)
- Full-stack Robotics (2019+): hardware (actuators, sensors, mechatronics and rapid prototyping) and software (perception, control, SLAM, navigation, manipulation, integration and testing). I love this because everything I have learned previously coalesces and accumulates to be useful to some extent for this field.
- Radar and Digital Signal Processing (2021+): Trying to sense breathing through walls... @Bearcover we build night-time nursing home robots that save time by checking halls and rooms (without entering) - means more time for care. Was a fun journey from FMCW -> SDRs -> UWB.
- Learning CAD + 3D printing for personal mechatronics + software projects (2023+)
Formerly worked at Accenture as a Data Scientist working on projects which included:
Expense Anomaly Detection, Marketing Analytics, Pricing Optimisation, Recommender Systems, User modelling with Knowledge Base Graph Embeddings and resume to job matching.